Sunday, February 23, 2014

Marginalized and Special People

In response to the invitation for World Youth Conference, Srilanka

I was born and brought up in a rural agrarian village where my parents are still striving to flourish our land by their consistent hard work and perseverance. I felt surprised when I saw the list of marginalized categories; here rural community/young farmers and Young people with low social and economic backgrounds belong to where most of us are in this group. When I notified with events like international youth conference, my heart fills with joy unspeakable.... because our dry childhood, adult age or even young age never offered us any such wonderful opportunities to explore this world. Almost all belong to agriculture or unskilled works. My father do agriculture related works, rubber tapping, wall painting and similar kind of unskilled or semi skilled work. Though my parents are not educated, I have deep respect and love for their optimism and confidence on me which they keep always with a hope.... we will also have a bright future.
I do stand up and speak out for social causes. I would like to call myself 'special' - because it seems uncommon - a young boy from the hinterlands of a village seeks to find solutions for many reasons. The organization I founded for the development of sustainable concepts and Students development spreads it wings for the welfare of the common men and well being of children. I realized that only knowledge can obliterate the darkness of ignorance and people should thirst for knowledge to develop themselves and the society. Here we stand for education, career development and character solution. Also the understanding of sustainability forced me to speak out for environmental conservation and socio-economic sustainability. In nut shell I am an academician cum a practitioner group - who speaks and act simultaneously for the equitable development.


No comments:

Post a Comment