Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What I am and What I am looking for


My schooling was in a Government school where I gained the various kinds of experiences and expectations. Truly, I learnt the concept of unity in diversity. I have completed graduation in Chemistry and Post Graduation in Business Administration. At my graduation period my active and inquisitive mind was naturally drawn towards the various facets of social issues. This deep concern and worry has played a key role in the formation of my ideas and principles. I was an active member in National Service Scheme, Entrepreneurship Development Club, Eco Club, Readers Club, National Cadet Corps etc. The lights flashed by these unique experiences were the driving force behind joining for internship in a social project. Before completing the project, the COO of the organization invited me to join in the project.
All my projects were concerned with socio- economic and environmental development. The most challenging and interesting project I involved is Responsible Tourism - Kerala. I was the State Team Leader of the Project. It was the first ever coordinated initiative in India to implement the concept of Responsible Tourism (RT) in field level. As the State Team Leader, I was expected to coordinate projects in multiple destinations. RT It aims at maximizing economic benefits of community, minimization of negative environmental impact and the preservation and promotion of local art, craft, heritage and culture. This actually encouraged me to study and work for the most challenging as well as innovative goals – Sustainable Development.
When I get educated I realized the worth of education that really enlightened me and gave a vision for future. That was a time of change in my village. Later I realized that - along with education, a strong desire for personal development and a crystallized vision about society is very vital for ‘Total Development’. This was in the wake of my experiences in different campings, seminars and discussions with various visionaries. Hence I decided to start an organization for the development of students and youth in our village that focused on personal development and key interventions in triple bottom line (TBL) areas. My focus was on education, environment and character development that produced apparent results.
I realized that a coordinated and planned initiative can do a big impact in the lives of common people. Youth and Women can contribute a lot for the growth of local economy and they too can make tremendous changes in the area of environmental conservation. This was the inspiration behind my NGO. Bible says “When vision vanishes people perish”. Now I am thinking to rejuvenate our activities in a more systematic and planned manner and hope for achieving my concept –‘sustainable village’. To gain more knowledge and experience, I am doing research on Sustainability and get involved with people and organizations having the same ideology.

No comments:

Post a Comment