Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I like Udaan (Revival)

Udaan is ‘revival’- a collective campaign to unite and revive youth for a cause through synergising their actions. It will open our eyes to realities and provide us a new lens to viewing things with a difference. When we adopt the theme ‘espirit de corps’ for holistic development, equal attention should be given for creating platforms for people with right spirit to discuss and deliberate on  raising community conscience and organizing collective movements in the society - Udaan provides the same.
Knowledge about 350.org reached my ears, when I met a charming young man in our place who organizes innovative socio-environmental programs with a group of students in an industrial cluster. While I was talking to him, he pointed out that – “the inspiration and spark I gained is from a Climate Conference organized by 350.org two years ago. I am extremely indebted to 350.org for the courage, commitment and confidence I have today. I amazed at that young chap around 25, he always talks about inspiring ideals, elegant strategies on development and frequently invites me to some events. This motivates me to know more and do more.
I have deep concern on environmental issues and strong urge to work for sustainability. Different prevailing issues prompt us to prepare to face a looming crisis. Injudicious use of natural resources, environmental degradation, alarming increase of pollution, global warming and climate change are augmenting our worries day by day. While remembering the thought-provoking quote “When the last bird dies, last river dries up and last plant withered away, man will realize, he can’t eat money”, I think the purpose of life will be served only if we serve our mother planet. I hope Udaan will me to empower myself, to meet veteran activists and to get in contact with credible foundations

No comments:

Post a Comment