Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Advantage of Different People


I always prefer to work with new people. It is a unique experience –to meet others, to know others, to learn from others and to be friends with new people. We are living in a land where unity exits in diversity and this diversity is our beauty and charm. Whenever I meet a person from other states or other country – I think, ‘how different our country is and how diverse our world is’. This is why beyond caste and creed we cheer ‘we are one and we will be one’.
I still remember the ‘Rural Churning’ program organized by an NGO ‘Youth Alliance’ a few months ago. I reached there with a lot of ambitions and aspirations. But when I reached there I realized that – I am the only persons who don’t know Hindi’. Even though, English was the formal communication medium all the informal communication where in Hindi (even some sessions). I was like a fish out of water. I thought how I can spend 10 days in a village without knowing Hindi.
Anyhow the program started with an open forum and they realized the inconvenience I felt. But all the volunteers stretched their hands to support me and even many of them committed to teach me Hindi. Even now I consider it as a unique experience in my life – how I adapted to that situation, how I coordinated and how I actively participated in the debates and deliberations. We were expected to live individually in a rural hut/house along with the family members and I managed that very well.  Dipanshu – a young boy from the village-he frequently calls me to share information. Sunny and Pranshu from U.P, we became close friends. Shipali, Vibhuthi, Shashank, Karan, Abhin, Thara, Prakash – we united to work in the village to resolve multiple issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment