Friday, December 12, 2014

LIVE IN A TORTURING FIRE

LIVE IN A TORTURING FIRE

“Yet another story of broken family, Gulathi and her mother survive along with their sister in a rented house. Her eyes become welled up when she explains the tribulations and torture her mother experienced. Having criminal backgrounds, his father once smashed her wife’s vertebra followed by a quarrel. Being a victim of the bad effects of alcohol, she suffers silently and strives to find a meaning to her life”. 

Wavering while weaving her dreams
Life with a drunkard is miserable. Story of Gulathi proves it right. It is fact that this social evil kills peace and tranquility of people. This may be the reason behind the warning on drunkenness in the Bible. “Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast. They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again”.

Gulathi is a second year Commerce students lives with her mother and younger sister in a rented house. Her father left her around seven years ago and lives with another lady. He was afflicted by drunkenness that in turn collapsed her family and life. Addiction to alcohol made him horrific and that dared him to involve with furious quarrels.

She remembers a quarrelsome day where her father and mother started with a verbal fight. That ended at tragedy; he hit her fatally and crumpled her vertebra. Henceforth, she undergoes different treatment and not yet recovered from the pains of that torment. However, she finds for survival by working in a hostel kitchen nearby. He was arrested for various criminal offences. She was trying control her tears while explaining her heart breaking story. 

However, her father is very fond to his children. They meet once in a while and exchange their feelings. But, that’s not enough to satisfy the deficit of a family. She was the first student I interacted in the school. Gulathi opted certificate course in Mutual Fund Agent. When I asked her to write about ASAP and her experiences, she wrote a two page matter and given to me. A summary of her feedback is as follows. ASAP and Me – Unstoppable “I am very happy to be an ASAP student. My skill development centre is at Perumbavoor, around eighty kilometers away from here. Being a student elected certificate course in mutual fund agent, I feel highly satisfied with the skill course. I try my level best to score high in exams, being I am aware about the benefits of this course. We can identify our hidden talents and abilities through ASAP programs.

It helped me to improve my communication, language, IT skills etc. One of the advantages of the course at SDC is that we get an opportunity to interact with people from different schools and areas that contributes to improve ourselves and provide better exposure. Skill course at the SDC really helped me to maintain good marks in my school subjects. To sit in the classes of well experienced and professional teachers is a rare opportunity. I fell privileged and thank to ASAP program. 

I am now confident about my future and will be a herald to spread the goodness of ASAP to my friends. I also believe that I can perform any job at my capacity very well. At last, I am in a dire need for a job and to find a job is my aim. Though I am confident, I will be truly happy if I get placed through ASAP”. 

A question people often ask hints to the job prospects of ASAP and the possibilities to be get placed through ASAP. Being students sacrifice their leisure and recreations for ASAP even though they gain skills, their questions and apprehensions need to be heard. As the success of a program totally depends up on its outcome, number of placements offered through ASAP course may be a gauge to measure its effectiveness.

 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

No comments:

Post a Comment