Monday, October 28, 2013

PG – An Ordinary man with extraordinary claims


Mr. P.G. Varghese a great visionary in our area quitted his job in the army at the age of 30 for the service of nation. In the midst of hardships he established around 6700 village groups and recruited almost 3000 persons for his mission in a period of 35 years. I have read thousands of testimonies of people changed by him and amazed at seeing village people welcomed him by taking him in their shoulders. Now people in these rural villages are treating him with high reverence.
He is my mentor as well as motivator. I send letter to him and he writes to me also frequently. He envisions a sustainable India. He works for making villages self sufficient.  PG councils youths and transforms their lives. He educates people and they find jobs. This man taught me the power of self confidence, need of dreams and importance of strong vision. He believes that serving His people is serving God. He concludes the purpose of life “Love, Learn and Leave Legacy”. He overcame all the difficulties with strong determination and I strongly believe that I too can make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment