Sunday, April 17, 2011

Green Hosanna - a unique Experience


"Hoshana" word meaning 'please save or save now' is now more meaningful to me , not by this term but by a new version of thought put forwarded by H.G Geevarghese Mor Coorilos (Bishop of the Syrian Jacobite Church of Malankara and the head of Niranam diocese) - 'SAVE EARTH' This Green Liberation Theologian has done a splendid speech followed by the Holy Communion and Hosanna function at St. Mary’s Jacobite Church Tiruvalla. He started simple with humble words. He has been using an ambassador car for the last 5 years. Many laymen were persuaded him to shift to a posh car to keep the status of a Metropolitan. But he refused to do so only to share the message of sharing.

I really thrilled by our Bishop, he is unique among our metropolitan by his humble actions and simple preaches. By giving a new version to Hosanna , he spoke about the significance of environment conservation. He said “Earth is too hot these days and we are now the victims of our evil doings. We are waving the leaves of palms and it remembers us to think about nature. Plant trees to curb heat and love nature to save earth”. I bowed my head, not only because of his greatness but his love towards nature. Really a new version to Christianity, Bible and Hosanna, I thought about a church with such visionaries.

 

Once Fr. Mulamoottil commented the same – means, a new version to Christianity. He said “Nature will be the religion of tomorrow as same in the past. I have tried to proclaim this message through my mega work – Cathedral Tiruvalla. A church with multitude of environmental themes. Each and every actions of me gives thrust on nature. This is what we need, that enforces us to think beyond our simple religious thoughts and understand its exact meanings.” Now I am considering him as a veteran of Green Liberation Theologian. I am inserting a meaningful picture of Fr. Mulamoottil – really fires. Charming smile in front of an igniting a lamp.  I have to comment so many thing regarding this photo, but just winding it by writing – “a luminary ignites his vision for the future”.
I rushed to my Bishop and enquired about his simplicity. “Our understanding of God is a communitarian God. God is not an individual, but a community, a family, a collective community of Father, Son and Holy Spirit, perceived as a mother in the oriental tradition. Trinity is an ecological concept, because both trinity and ecology are interconnected. This vision of interconnectedness provides inspiration for us for a model of ecological mission today. In Shankara’s thoughts, this is a cosmo-theandric vision. Sometimes this is misunderstood as pantheism, as if creation would be worshipped. It is panentheism rather than pantheism, it is more biblical than you think it is. The Creator is encountered in the reality of creation.” He said.

So my praises and adorations to shout in recognition of the Messiahship of Jesus on his entry into Jerusalem, Hosanna became fruitful by hearing this cry for salvation of my mother earth. It may be derived that this plea for help is out of an agreeably positive connotation. But I shouted – GO GREEN SAVE EARTH. Thanks My Bishop and Fr. Mulamoottil to teach me new lessons of nature from my nitty gritty – The Holy Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment