Tuesday, March 25, 2014

International Innovation Corps (IIC), Rural Innovation Fellowship – 2014


It is my pleasure and privilege to apply for the International Innovation Corps (IIC), Rural Innovation Fellowship – 2014, which I consider as a rare opportunity for the change agents to test their mettle by planning and implementing most innovative solutions in response to the pressing social concerns of
India.
Being an individual hails from a rustic backdrop and brought up in an agrarian household, the hardships of the rural crowd society forced me to think about the ways to bring a grinding halt to their miseries. This quench for change made me to initiate an array of project for my village under the banner of the organization I founded Navajeevan Community Development and Innovations Network (NCDIN). Also adorning the role as the State Team Leader of Responsible Tourism initiatives of Government of Kerala was tested my commitment and result-oriented approach. My second environmental edevour at Thiruvalla Municipality flourished with fruit after one year of its inception; our area achieved its ambitious goal ‘waste free city’ and was officially declared as the first ‘Zero Waste Municipality’ in Kerala.
International conferences, Youth Empowerment Programs and various other action-oriented projects with national and foreign participants ignited my mind and provoked my thoughts. The innovative proposals emerged after churning of ideas and storming of brain in these platforms of ‘unity in diversity’ wondered me many times.
As a highly self motivated person thrills in action/result oriented and time bound projects, it’s charming for me to be a part of a challenging plan that requires quick results amidst complex and diverse situations. I firmly believe that my practical and academic experiences, integrity, research aptitude and critical thinking, and the ability to in-demand skills, the ability to work in unique groups contribute for a global engagement for change. I also believe that IIC Fellowship will guide me to the real wisdom of a passionate social servant. I want to take my organization ahead along with my dream of sustainability with steer determination and real passion. With the strong expectation of experience at ICC – F cater to my need, I eagerly looking to be a fellow for heralding the goodness and to expand my boundaries for a sustainable and inclusive India.     

No comments:

Post a Comment