Sunday, September 4, 2011

Thank You teacher



We are witnessing yet another teacher’s day which I remember more than my birthday. While remembering our great teacher and philosopher -  Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, second President of India, I bow my head in front of my great teachers and their endless affection. It was them, which make me to stand, strengthen me to speak and empowering me to move.
I position my teachers just before my parents. I believe and value their efforts to mold this ‘ME’. I pick someone from them, they really imparted the right visions and values. I believe and reiterate, what Bacon said “Teachers are priceless social treasures”. Among the noble professions, it is the noblest. Someone said “Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions”. And every teacher functions as a ladder which gives life to everyone to go up in life. Certainly, teachers are strong ladders which work to create great men and great nations. It is very true what Alexander the Great said: once “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” They are like candles, they shown me the way and actualized the saying “a good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others”.
William A. Ward said: “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” I remember those teachers who cared and inspired me than anyone.  I memorize my teachers who speak beyond chalks and talks. Exceeding the limitations of simple tools, they blessed me with valuable lessons. I still memorize – strong advices of Mrs. Alice (My School Physics Teacher), Great affection of Mrs. Ambily (My +2 Physics Teacher), Ever time motivation of Mr. Shaji (My Degree Malayalam teacher), Outstanding guidance and encouragement of Mr. Dipu (My MBA Teacher), extraordinary patience and affection of Mrs. Elizabeth Ma’am. And last but with most respect, I remember Rev. Dr. Abraham Mulamoottil (My Boss and teacher) – a man with outstanding visions and missions.
I love you all, Pray for you all and THANK YOU all. Your blessings are my Energy which boosts me to fly more and empower me to proceed.  

I cherished by an article in The Hindu, which clearly define a good teacher and his role. It seems like an advice to modern teachers. “Teachers cannot enjoy unending rapport with their students just by teaching the subject given to them alone. They should also instill morals and discipline in the minds of students to help them lead a successful and happy life later. Classic examples of teachers of precepts and preachers of morals are King Solomon and the Buddha. Nowadays teachers prepare the students for the exams no doubt; but it is doubtful if they prepare them for their life too. Incidentally, there used to be one full period allotted for ‘Moral Instructions' in all schools those days. Now it has been conveniently removed for reasons not known”.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment